Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Novel Proposal - St. Zita's Tears

Author note - This novel is currently being rewritten - I expect to have the new version ready by December.

A priest drowns in his own bathtub, a subject overlooked by all the media except for the sensationalist tabloid newspaper the Herald Bagatelle. Reporter NAN McHOUGH is sent to investigate the drowning and to write a leading news article on the event. What she finds is that the priest was murdered.

Her investigation into the case places McHough and her new family in personal danger. She is aided in investigation by SHERYL HOWARD, another Bagatelle reporter, and GABBY, a young Hispanic woman.

Her boss LEE BURKE suffers a heart attack and is replaced by MIKE MILLS, a British hard line conservative journalist – whose intent is to rid the Bagatelle newsroom of slackers like McHough and Howard.

McHough finds that she must work outside the news paper in order to explore the underbelly of the crime. The villains plot to destroy church credibility also turns on Nan, who relies on her faith to see her though to the end.

Read a scene from St. Zita's Tears

1 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger Matt5verse6 said...

Sounds interesting. Even the title sounds good! I would pick it up (based on the title alone) if I saw it in the bookstore. Then I usually read the synopsis and then the first chapter to decide if I like the book or not. Your synopsis has made me want to take more time with it and read the first chapter. :)

(I have a short attention span so I put books down quickly if they don't interest me from the get go.) :)

Please let me know how this one is going. I’d be interested to read the finished product. :)

Best wishes,
Brook
www.Matt5verse6.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Writing For Christ
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next